Update on Church-wide Survey

worship

Church family,

God bless you all and thank you for everyone who participated in our church-wide survey.

The Wesley Board met Sunday, June 14, for three hours and another hour Wednesday evening, June 17. Sunday we were briefed by medical professionals who are also members of our church concerning their recommendations as members of Wesley. The Board carefully reviewed the results of the church wide survey. The Board has continued to pray that God gives us the grace to do God’s will above all else. Based upon the recommendations of our medical folks, in consultation with the survey, diligent prayer and our discussions… coupled now (as of this writing) with last week’s surge in cases and hospitalizations, we will continue remote worship through the month of July. We will continue to reevaluate our status 30 days at a time.

Based in no small part on the medical advice of our members, we will begin offering more outdoor onsite activities. We cannot stress enough how important it is when you are onsite and outdoors to maintain social distancing and mask wearing is encouraged. The building will continue to be closed except for essential personnel.

For those interested: the survey was completed by 157 individuals. 76% believed we should open only once we can verify it is safe to do so. Of the remaining 24%, a little over half felt we could open with precautions and a few felt we should be open no matter what. We know not all will agree with this decision to remain open to online worship only.

God bless you all and thank you for trusting us to lead faithfully through this incredibly difficult season. Thank you for your ongoing prayer, presence, gifts, ervice, and witness.

In service of Christ with you all,

Becky Bishop,
Lay Leader

Beverly White,
Board Chair

Chris Yost,
Lead Pastor